Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Progress Report!....


We all love some good before and after shots and Sara has some that do not disappoint! This girl is a champion. I am continually impressed by her perseverance and desire to reach her goals. I posted progress pics of her last week but I wanted to share these ones as well. The pants she has on fit her last winter before she started her weight loss journey. Obviously the girl needs to go shopping for new pants. And don't you just love the smile on her face!? She should be smiling, the girl is rocking her challenge. 

Thursday Sara is running in her first race. She totally has the jitters but I am so proud of her for not letting that stop her. Stories like hers inspire me and motivate me to keep working on my own goals. 

I asked Sara to share a few things that have helped her be successful on her 90 Day Challenge. I love hearing what is working for others and how they are overcoming obstacles and setbacks. 

Weight loss to date- 

I am on week 7 of my 90 day challenge and have lost 18.8 pounds so far. This makes my total weight loss 41 pounds since March. 

Favorite thing about the Challenge and why it's working for her-

I love the challenge because it is so simple!  Starting my day off with a shake motivates me to make better choices.  I love the energy I have.  I don’t feel as tired and I get so much more done in a day.  I love the way my shakes taste.  In fact, sometimes I crave a shake.  The protein helps me feel satisfied.  

Go to Snack List-

Some of my favorite snacks are apples, bananas, almonds, clean pumpkin bread, english muffin topped with egg beaters and salsa, and anything with peanut butter!

Favorite Way to Make Her Shake-

My favorite shake is my Vi mixed with almond milk and a tablespoon of PB2 mixed in my blender bottle.  It’s quick, easy, and I love the way it tastes! 

Best Advice She Has Received About Losing Weight and Getting in Shape-

The best advice I have received is that the only person I can compete with is myself!  Often times I think we tend to compare ourselves to others... how much they’ve lost.... how much they can they lift... how fast they can run... what size they wear.  You CANNOT do that!  You must only compare YOU with YOU... no one else!  This is not a competition with anyone but you. The goal is to be better than you used to be.  

Successes Beyond Weight Loss-

Something I love to do is teach dance classes to little ones.  Honestly, my weight has always made this a challenge for me.  It’s great being able to move around easier and do things I used to be able to do back when I was a dancer.  I can even do a cartwheel again! 

My biggest temptation is without a doubt pizza!! I LOVE pizza!  Once I start eating it, I CANNOT stop.  It’s nothing for me to eat 4 or 5 pieces!  I am trying really hard to realize that it’s ok to just have one or two pieces!  Now I also like to make healthier, lower calorie, flatbread pizzas at home (thanks to a friend’s suggestion), which helps feed my craving for pizza. 

Sara's Words of Wisdom-

One of my biggest struggles is not feeling good enough.  I have a lot of self-doubt.  Can I really do this?  Can I keep the weight off?  Can I really motivate others to become healthier, too?  I have already lost more weight than I thought was possible.  I think I feel surprised that I can actually do this.... and that I AM doing this!  I want to be healthier and I want to teach my family how to make healthy choices.  I want my kids to know how and why it’s important to eat healthy.  It’s definitely a process and sometimes I struggle with food choices. I can easily become overwhelmed in menu preparation or in the grocery store.  I still have a lot to learn.  I have to remind myself that this is not about 90 days.  This is about me (and my family) having a healthier lifestyle.  I can’t do it all at once but I must take baby steps.  And I’ll get there! A little change goes a long way!  When I’m having a hard day and I don’t want to work out or I just want to pig out, I have to remind myself that just for today I can suck it up and get to the gym..... or just for this meal, I WILL have portion control.  Each day I do the best I can and move on to the next.  Baby steps.... one day at a time.  You will never regret being healthier!


Thank you Sara! 

Does Sara's story speak to you? 

You will be seeing more progress pics of this girl because I know she is on a mission to crush her weight loss goals. 

www.meganrencher.bodybyvi.com


1 comment: