Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Energy Bites...a New Twist

I posted a recipe a while back for some power protein balls. They are yummy but I improved on them and created a delicious and clean treat that has been approved by friends, hubby and kids...

Pic from www.fooddoodle.com (because I am horrible at food photography) 

 In food processor mix 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup almond meal, 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut.

Add in 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter, 1/2 cup milled flaxseed, 1/3 cup honey, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used my Vi protein).

Once mixed, roll into small balls. To give them even more yumminess roll them in cocoa powder and allow the cocoa to soak in. If you don't like a dark chocolate taste omit this step.

The biggest change is adding the 1/2 cup almonds and protein powder and putting the oats in the food processor. 

You seriously need to make these...NOW!

But share them or you may be tempted to eat them all.

I found another clean treat off Instagram. It's from JazzyThings. She has tons of great recipes. If you are on Instagram check her out. 

Clean No-Bake cookies

Mash 2 ripe bananas, add 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 cup nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter).

Mix in 1 tsp vanilla, 1/3 cup honey, and 2 tbsp milled flaxseed.

Mix in enough oats to get the consistency you want for your cookies.

Shape into balls and refrigerate. I froze the leftovers and enjoyed them for a little treat each night before going to bed. 

Enjoy my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment