Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Working on my Legs...


Yesterday's workout tore my legs to shreds...in a good way. I could tell right after my workout that I was going to be waddling for a few days. I want my legs to start building so very badly I am totally okay with being beyond sore for a few days. My legs have become substantially stronger over the last two months but it will take some time for me to lean out now to show off any of those muscles. My darn legs take forever to make changes.  Let's be honest, progress is slow. Which is why many people give up.  I am absolutely loving how much stronger I feel so I am not letting slow progress discourage me. I do have to remind myself not to compare my body to anyone else's as I try to get in shape. Comparison is EVIL. My body has come a long way since having my third baby. It's far from perfect and I get frustrated easily when I see other girls with killer legs or ripped shoulders. But giving up sure isn't going to get me what I want either. 

I have recently accepted that many of the changes I want to make with my body are going to happen with super clean nutrition. I have always exercised so that I have some wiggle room for sweets and treats. Lately my body has needed me to be a little more in tune with what I put in it. I go through phases of giving up sugar but its usually temporary and unless I am doing it with someone else I tend to cheat...a lot. This time I decided to sugar detox by truly making a lifestyle change. Instead of giving up sugar I am learning to make healthy clean treats. And I am involving my family in the process. My girls help me bake and are my taste testers. We have created some delicious and not so delicious things and will be making a cookbook of our favorites.  I will post more about this in a separate post. 


Anyway If you want a killer leg workout, I posted what I did down below. It's day 44 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit program. It's a good one!


LEGS

No comments:

Post a Comment