Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner...a favorite at our house

We had a super yummy dinner tonight at our house. Lately it has been hard to please everyone but this recipe did it....

Recipe from www.paleomg.com

Meat Crust Quiche

1lb pork sausage
1small sweet potato, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic
2 cups fresh spinach
4 eggs whisked (I used 5)
1tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Make a meat crust in a 8x8 pan or something similar to that size.
Just put your sausage in the pan and press it to fit the pan.

Bake for 15 minutes or until it looks done. Drain off excess fat. I also dabbed the top to get even more of the grease off.

While crust is cooking sauté onions, sweet potatoes and garlic. Season with the salt and pepper. Add spinach and cover to cook and wilt the spinach

Let this cool before adding the eggs, garlic powder and paprika.
(I also added about a cup of cooked quinoa and some crumbled bacon to the egg mix)

Pour the egg mix on top of the meat crust and cook for about 23 minutes.

I served this with Ezekiel bread toast with a little honey drizzled on top. 

I will share another successful recipe with you tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. I've been told the best way to even out arms is to start doing daily chores or changing weights with your non-dominant hand, I try but I always forget and it's hard for me. My right is so much better than my left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to switch which arm I hold my baby with but my left arm gives out pretty quickly when I do. And it's not as convenient. But I know that my right arm is substantially stronger ad more defined from carrying around a 20+ lb chunky baby all day:)

      Delete