Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Farr Cleaner Life Guest Blogger.....

Today I am excited to introduce you to another fellow fitness blogger and friend. I have known Ashley since we were little.  She is absolutely amazing and has become quite the inspiration when it comes to health and fitness.  Seriously she has some awesome arms!  Be sure to check out her blog. She has a ton of great info and lots of yummy clean recipes.  ENJOY!!!...


Oh hi! I am Ashley, I blog over at www.farrcleanerlife.blogspot.com

 It seems exciting and humbling to be Meg's guest post today! I have known Megan my entire life and it used to make my YEAR when as children she would give me her old clothes--I would be so giddy to have "hand-me-down" clothes from her.  In fact, I would probably still rejoice if she gave me old clothes!

We haven't seen each other in years but a little over two years ago I sent an email to Megan asking how to get ripped! She gave me simple but amazing advice that pointed me in a great direction.  Though I still don't consider myself "ripped", I have realized it takes a lot of time, work, and dedication to get your dream body but it is possible!  Why not you?


A few things about me:


1. My Weight Vest.  I used to adore cardio--we're talking half-marathons, sprint triathlons, run, bike, swim, run, run, run.  It got my body nowhere!  A few months after I started lifting weights it all changed... my body finally became tight and took shape.  These days I love ANYTHING with heavy resistance and my weight vest allows me to strap it on and lunge, box jump, sumo squats.  I am a weight vest addict. It is killer.


2.  Lately lunges have been my love/hate exercise.  I lunge until I can barely walk 2x a week and my butt it getting tighter!



3.  I love to eat healthy and clean.  Eating real food changed my body more than any amount of exercise could give me.  As a former slave to sugar and dessert addict (I can't do one cookie, it's more like 20) I had to practice discipline and learn how to eat things my body needs and now loves!  I love snacking on honey-sweetened cottage cheese with raspberries, my homemade protein barshomemade microwave popcorn, anything from the crockpot....and of course steak.  I seriously love steak. My husband's favorite healthy snack is my recipe for Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.  


4.  My sexy Hubs and I love hiking and anything active. He is my gym buddy and number one supporter--even if my new recipe experiment isn't terrific, he'll eat it with a smile or at least not a frown.

What are some questions you have? What are your struggles? What do you hope to become better at?

Thank you Ashely for sharing your tips with us!!!  I am looking forward to trying her Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.  And I am pretty sure I am going to buy a weighted vest now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment