Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sleep and Treadmill Workout

I have been back from vacation for a week now.  For some reason I am still so behind on everything!!!  Do you ever feel like you are just barely keeping your head above water?  I did get my nutrition and exercise back on track and it feels so good.

Although I have been focused on getting back to the gym and eating healthy my main goal this week has been to get to bed earlier.  Sleep is hit or miss at our house and it is wearing on me.  You would never guess by looking at me this morning in my over sized sweatshirt, messy hair, bags under my eyes, yesterday's mascara running down my face...basically I am a hot mess.

  I crave sweets so very badly when I am tired so around 7pm every night I am ready to binge just to stay awake.  So frustrating!!! Sleep truly is so important to stay on track with your health and fitness goals.  

I have made an effort to go to bed earlier this week and I have even taken a few naps.  It is hard because it means leaving a few things undone and the house a little messier than I like, but for now sleep needs to take priority.  

Enough rambling...

A couple days ago this was the workout I did at the gym with the hubs.  It was a good little workout and one you can adapt easily to your level of fitness.



Warm up on treadmill for 3 minutes
At minute 3 you will start your intervals-

1 min 6.5
1 min 5.5
1 min 7.0
1 min 5.5
1 min 7.5
1 min 5.5
1 min 8.0
1 min 5.5
1 min 8.5
1 min 5.5
1 min 9.0
1 min 5.5
1 min 9.5
1 min 5.5
1 min 10.0

Then work your way back down the same way until you get back to 6.5.

Essentially you up your speed by .5 for every interval and recover for a minute at 5.5.

Obviously if you are a beginner you won't be able to get up to 10 so you can adapt as necessary.  You could also make the recovery slower.

If you are more advanced I recommend doing the 10.0 two times before making your way down and adding a 2.0 incline to the whole routine.  You could also finish with another sprint at the end.

I finished this with a set of lunges, pull ups and pushups.  I did three sets of this combo.  12 lunges on each leg, 8 pullups (I use the assisted machine), and 20 pushups. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a tough one! Maybe I'll do it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash You probably can rock this workout! For me it made the treadmill not so boring:)

      Delete