Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Ab Killer!!!!!

Today at the gym I was introduced to my new favorite ab routine.  It pretty much is the best workout ever.  In fact I couldn't even do it all the way through...yet.  But that is what I love.  It gives me something to work towards.  4 exercises, 20 reps each...repeat 4x!  Well that is my goal.  Today I just did 2x through because I ran out of time.  But 4x through would have put me in my grave. 

So here are the moves...
 1.Stability Wall Crunch with Feet on Wall

 2.Stability Ball Knee Tucks

3. For the 3rd exercise you are going to do a crunch with a medicine ball tucked between your hamstrings and calves. You will crunch up and as you go back down your feet will tap the floor.  I can't find a video showing this. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
It is kind of like this but try to put the ball in between your hams and calves.

4. Double Leg Extensions on the Stability Ball-

I can't find the exact move so maybe I will have to video tape myself doing it but for now here is an explanation...

It is this move here...

...except you do it on a stability ball.  I used a ballet/stretch bar that we have at my gym to hold onto.  You lift your legs up to about a 45 degree angle and then drop them down so your feet almost touch the floor.  That probably makes no sense.  I will get pics the next time I am at the gym.  If you don't have a bar to hold onto you could get a partner to help you.  Have them stand at your head and hold onto their hands or legs.  The modification for this is to do the leg extensions on the floor.  

So you go through this routine 4x doing 20 reps of each exercise.  I promise it will work your core like crazy.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment