Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Lunge For a Better Booty:)!

So I have always known that lunges are awesome and do the booty some good, but last Thursday I used the Smith Machine during part of my leg workout and I got a burn like never before!  I got my leg workout from this FB page that I follow.  

From talking to friends it seems that most girls are afraid of venturing over to the free weight part of the gym.  Ladies no need to be scared!!!  Weights are your best friend when it comes to building a better physique.  The weightroom is not just for the big boys.  You are going to want to try these exercises the next time you hit up the gym....

Above is a basic lunge.  You execute it just like a regular lunge paying attention to form and technique.  Choose a weight that challenges your legs.  You should be able to do about 12 reps with good form and the last one should be HARD!  Don't be afraid of the burn.  It is a good thing:). 

Maybe you are a regular gym goer already and want to take it up a notch.  Check out the addition of the knee lift in this video.  I think this will be what I do this week.

And here is a more advanced move.  I wouldn't suggest this for someone just getting use to the weights.  It is better to focus on form before you start getting fancy.  I bet this one is a killer!  

Show your booty some love and get to lunging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment