Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sweet Potato Muffins...

I was in need of a little snack that my kids would enjoy eating in place of cookies and treats...and not feel like they were too healthy:)  I have made these little muffins 3 or 4 times now and so far they get gobbled up super fast.  I think they are yummy as well:)
 

 1 Sweet Potato (cooked and peeled)
2 cups whole wheat flour (I did 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup oatflour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup oil (I actually prefer to use applesauce)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz greek yogurt
  
Add-in options-  
I added shredded coconut, but think walnuts would be amazing.  And if you want a little treat add some dark chocolate chips.

Mix the dry ingredients first then dump in the wet ingredients.  I made them in mini muffin tins because my kids think mini food tastes better.  It made 24 mini muffins.  

Cook for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Healthy, Easy, Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment