Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Fun on the Treadmill...


...and it felt so good!!!


I came up with what I think was quite the treadmill workout today:)  I was anxious to run off some stress and burn some calories.  This workout did just that.  My workout station on Pandora pulled through and provided the perfect music to keep me motivated. 

I warmed up by running a mile.  I took about 10 minutes to do this.  I walked the first bit than jogged slowly for the rest of it.  This is where the fun began:)...

How to modify this for your fitness level-
Let me remind you that I do not consider myself a runner.  I like getting on the treadmill and working as hard as I can for about 30-40 minutes.  7.5mph is the pace that challenges me but something I can keep up for 3 miles or so.  9.5 mph is a pace that pushes my limits.  I have to pump myself up to go that fast for 1 minute, especially when I am tired.  So judge your starting point off of a pace that you can keep up for an extended amount of time yet it is still challenging and go from there. 

Incline 1.0
1 minute 7.5 mph
1 minute 8.5 mph
1 minute 9.5 mph

Walk 1 minute at 4.0 mph and 0 incline

Incline 2.0
1 minute 7.5 mph
1 minute 8.5 mph
1 minute 9.5 mph

Walk 1 minute at 4.0 mph and 0 incline

Incline 3.0 
1 minute 7.5 mph
1 minute 8.5 mph
1 minute 9.5

Walk 1 minute at 4.0 mph and 0 incline

Incline 4.0
3 minutes 7.5 mph

Walk 2 minutes at 4.0 mph and 0 incline

Incline 1.0 (you may want to quit at this point...DON'T!!!)
3 minute at 8.5

Walk 1 minute at 4.0 mph

Incline 3.0
3 minutes 7.5 mph

Walk 1 minute at 4.0 mph

Incline 3.0
3 minutes at 7.5 (or this is where you turn on Usher's More song and push your body to its limits.  I ended up bumping the incline to 4.5 and the speed to 8.5mph until my legs were on fire)

Cool-Down and Stretch (Then tell me how it went)

No comments:

Post a Comment