Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Greek Salad and Fitsby

We had a fun weekend celebrating Easter.  My sis in law came into town so the kids played and loved every minute of cousin time.  We have so much Easter candy hanging out at our house now though.  Pretty sure I will be sending it to work with the hubs or throwing it away.  I don't want it tempting me:)

Actually I am really excited to eat super healthy all week.  Here is a Salad I will be using for dinner one night.  A friend made it the other day when a few of the girls got together for lunch.  

Greek Inspired Salad-
We did it salad bar style -

Spinach
Quinoa 
(she used a mix of the regular and red kind)
Kalmata olives
Cherry tomatoes
Red Onions
Cucumbers
Feta Cheese

Tangy Garlic Lemon Dressing-
You will notice from my side notes that I need to go shopping:)

1/4 cup lemon juice, preferably fresh 
(I made it this weekend and just used bottled since it was what I had and it worked great)
1/2 tsp salt
ground pepper to taste
2 teaspoon Greek seasoning blend or Greek oregano 
(I used regular oregano but want to get the Greek seasoning next time I am at the store)
1 tsp Dijon or brown mustard 
(I actually used regular mustard cause that's what I had on hand)
2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
1/4 cup olive oil (the original recipe calls for 3/4 cup)

The dressing is light yet super flavorful.  Add some grilled chicken to the mix and you will have yourself a delicious meal that even the hubby will like.  And obviously you can add whatever veggies or salad fixing your little heart desires. 

So I found an app on my phone called Fitsby.
Basically you join a group and motivate each other to workout at the gym.  You have to pay a wager to join the group but if you hit the goal the group has set you don't actually pay the money.  If you don't make the goal your money gets divided amongst those who did reach the goal.  It is kind of a fun idea.  I would love to do a group...if this interests you leave a comment. Oh and the group can be public or private.  Check it out and let me know what you think.





And just because I think he is sooooooo cute...


Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment