Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Clean Cupcakes!

I discovered a yummy and clean 
treat today!  

My good friend Ashley over at A Farr Cleaner Life challenged her readers to not consume sugar for three weeks.  I am pretty much trying to avoid sugar anyway so I figured I might as well take the challenge and really commit myself.  I am sugar free since Monday and feeling great.  But that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a delicious treat right?!

This recipe was adapted from one I found on a new IG account I just started following. 

Are you ready?

1 Ripe Banana (original called for 2 bananas)
1/2 cup Strawberries  (original called for blueberries)
1 egg 
(original called for 1/2 cup egg whites but I was in a hurry and just used one whole egg)
1/4 cup greek yogurt
2 scoops Vi Protein Mix
1/2 cup oat flour 
(just oatmeal blended in the food processor)
Cinnamon if you so desire (I so desired)

All you do is mix the wet ingredients in a blender or food processor than add the dry ones. 

I cooked 1/2 of it in the microwave to see if it worked...totally works!  Cooked in about 2 minutes.  I cooked for one minute than checked it before cooking it for the second minute.  I made this batch for the hubby so I added some dark chocolate chips and drizzled with a little peanut butter.  He was a big fan. 

The other half of the batter I cooked in cupcake tins in the oven.  Oven was set to 350 degrees and it took about 10ish minutes.  Sorry to be so vague:)  

Drizzle with some peanut butter for a delicious treat!  Or use PB2 if you want to cut calories without losing the taste. 

And there you have it! A wonderfully delicious and healthy dessert you can enjoy guilt free:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment