Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

Sumo Squat Variation...

 (For some reason the videos I post often don't work on smartphones.  But they usually work on computers.  Let me know if this one doesn't work for you)

I have another fantastic leg exercise for you.  I am in love with this one.  It targets your inner thighs like nothing I have ever done.  The elevation of the steps provides a larger range of motion that makes all the difference.  I used a 45 lb dumbbell when doing this but I was trying to keep my reps low so you could do it with a lighter weight and just do more reps.  

The girl in this video drops her chest just a little too much.  Keep your body moving on a straight vertical line by keeping your shoulders back and your chest proud.  The dumbbell should touch the floor if you have the flexibility to do so. 

If you are wanting to do this at home and don't have steps to use for the elevation just find something around the house like big books or your kids' step stool.  

You will love this one!

Happy Friday...I am off to the gym now to kill my legs:) And then it is date night tongiht!!!!!!!  Love a night with just me and the hubs.  

I will be posting a lot of new leg exercises next week plus the most delicious quinoa salad I have ever had.  I have a few thoughts on clean eating too.  Lots going on in this little brain of mine that I want to share:)  


No comments:

Post a Comment