Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes Two Ways

A few days ago I attempted to make Paleo Pumpking pancakes.  I love anything pumpkin even if it isn't really the season for it.  I only attempted one recipe even though there are a million of them out there.  I really liked them and so did my girls but I think I will try other variations so I have something to compare it too. The pancakes did have a little more of an egg-y taste than I really wanted so I started throwing in a little this and a little that.  The batter ended up being too thick and wouldn't set up...they tasted delicious but looked like a big sloppy mess.  I wondered if the batter would microwave well in a little glass bowl..lets just say that the result was rather HEAVENLY.  Kind of like pumpkin pie...but healthy.  Pretty awesome in my mind.  So here you have it Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes two different ways. 
(pic courtesy of foodgawker...i don't try to take food pics.  Not my forte.   
The pancakes did look just like these ones)

Original Recipe-
I apologize I didn't write down where I got this recipe from:(

4 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 TBSP butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon




Mix it all up and cook on a griddle.  Serve with nut butter of choice or a small amount of real maple syrup...yum.

For the variation-

Add another 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and 1/2 to a whole banana.  Throw in some more spices.  I think I added cloves  and more cinnamon and nutmeg.  Microwave in a small glass bowl for a minute.  If it isn't set up yet microwave for another minute.   Time to enjoy a totally healthy and delicious dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment