Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pesto Quinoa and Chicken with Roasted Veggies

I know that is the least creative title for this recipe.  My brain can't do creative right now.  It wants to sleep.  But I have to share this recipe with you.  A friend made it for me the other day and I have been craving it ever since.  It took me forever to get to the store to get all the ingredients so I just barely got it put together for dinner tonight.  



There are a few steps to putting it all together but none of them are hard.

Veggies- 
2 peppers diced ( I used a red one and a yellow one)
2 large Carrots diced
1 onion diced

Really you could use whatever veggies sound good to you.

Coat with a small amount of EVOO and balsamic vinegar and season with lots of Italian Seasoning.  Roast for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.

Quinoa-
Just cook quinoa according to package directions.  You need about 1 cup uncooked quinoa.

Kale or Spinach-
Saute bunch of Kale or use spinach.  Just cook it til it is soft.

Chicken-
I used the Garlic, Wine and Herb McCormick Marinade for my chicken.  I cut it into smaller pieces and marinated it for a couple hours then grilled it and cut it into little slices.  I probably used about 2 lbs of chicken and had lots leftover.

Pesto- 
Use your favorite pesto sauce.  

Once everything is cooked you will put everything in a bowl except the chicken and combine.  You cold also wait to add the pesto if you prefer to serve it fresh.  

I served this over a fresh bed of spinach, topped with the chicken.  It is the perfect summer salad in my mind:)

No comments:

Post a Comment