Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Biggest Loser Pancakes

I have a pancake recipe that I already love but I was curious how these ones tasted so I made them for breakfast for my girls yesterday. They loved them:)...me too!  I will be making these again in the near future.  The one thing I like about recipes like this is they can be kept in the fridge for a few days so I can double the recipe and have extras on hand for healthy snacks or breakfast the next day.

Just beware that they are not going to be big and fluffy like I-HOP pancakes.  They are more the consistency of french toast.  

Oh and who knew you could do so much with cottage cheese when it is whipped in the blender or food processor?  I am loving it!

BIGGEST LOSER PANCAKES 

Yield: 9 pancakes
Serving Size: 3 pancakes
Calories per serving: 220

  • 6 egg whites
  • 1 cup rolled oats, dry
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions:
  1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Heat a large non-stick skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray, or use a non stick pan. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of the batter, I made 3 pancakes at a time in my large skillet. Flip when they start to bubble and cook until golden brown.
  3. Repeat with remaining batter.
  4. Serve with fresh berries and honey or a little peanut butter. (calorie count does not include toppings)
ENJOY!!!
Notes
 Calories may vary based on products and brands used. Other nutritional information: Total Carbs: 25.3 g Fiber: 3.2 g Sugar: 4 g Protein: 21.2 g

I found the recipe and picture HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Just made these for my family and they were a hit! I'm loving this blog!

    ReplyDelete