Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Paleo Brownie Bites..

I had a friend request some Paleo recipes.  I will admit that I have not tried the Paleo diet so I had to google search some ideas:)  I may one day give Paleo a try but for now I am still pretty addicted to my dairy foods. 

I decided to give this recipe a try last night before going to bed.  I will say these Paleo Brownie Bites turned out pretty yummy.  I didn't have time to figure out the calorie count yet but I will.  If you are a fan of rich dark chocolate you will really enjoy these babies.

Paleo Brownie Bites
I found this recipe here


1-1/3 cup pitted dates
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup raw pecans
Unsweetened shredded coconut, for topping
Flaked sea salt, for topping

Instructions:In the bowl of a food processor,
combine dates, vanilla and cocoa powder. Process until the mixture forms a paste. Add the pecans and process until they are finely chopped and fully incorporated (but don't let them turn into dust). Form the "dough" into bite-sized balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll half the balls in coconut, if desired, and top the other half with the sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Notes:
I didn't have pecans on hand so I used a mix of almonds and walnuts.  These may be healthy but they are not low calorie.  I made 26 small brownie bites with this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I've done strict paleo for 10 months before, its good, I learned a lot but my mood is 100% better when I have some great complex carbs. These bites look awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i don't think I could go strict paleo. u r amazing for doing it for 10 months!

      Delete