Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

My Favorite Protein Shake Recipes

For the last few months I have been using The Body By Vi meal replacement shakes.  I use them for breakfast and lunch and I love them.  They give me energy, fill me up and satisfy my crazy sweet tooth.  As an added bonus they have helped me get back to my prepregnancy weight at just 3 months post partum.  Thank you VI SHAKES:)!

If you are wanting to give protein shakes an try here are some yummy ideas...

40 smoothie recipes from Whole Living

These are my go to favs...

Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp sugar-free cheesecake flavored pudding mix
1 banana
2 scoops protein powder
1 cup Almond Milk
5-6 ice cubes
cinnamon to taste

Fruity Deliciousness
(297 Calories)

1/2 banana
1 cup frozen fruit mix (I used Aldi's brand that had strawberries, mangoes, pineapple and peaches)
1/4 cup canned pineapple chunks
1 cup Trop 50 OJ
2 scoops protein powder (I use Body By Vi protein poweder)
5-6 ice cubes

Chocolate-y PeanutButter Bliss
 (370 Calories)

1 TBSP Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
1 Banana
1-2 TBSP cocoa powder (I like mine extra chocolate-y:))
2 scoops protein powder
1 cup Almond Milk
5-6 Ice cubes

For added nutrition you can try adding spinach, kale, or milled flaxseed to all these recipes. 
You won't be able to taste them but the spinach and kale will turn your chocolate shake into a nasty color...fyi:)

No comments:

Post a Comment