Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Asian Slaw with Ginger Peanut Dressing

I came across this recipe for Asian Slaw with Ginger Peanut Dressing on Pinterest the other day and knew I had to try it.

 Image via SeriousEats

I changed a few things to cut back on calories but I promise I didn't cut back on taste.

I promise this recipe wont disappoint.

Asian Slaw with YUMMY Ginger Peanut Dressing

For the dressing mix-
(makes 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup honey
1 TBSP oil 
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
1 TBSP Peanut Butter
1 tsp salt
1 TBSP fresh ginger
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tsp Srirachi Sauce (optional...I opted not)

For the Slaw mix-
(makes about 7 1/2 cups)
Cut up one small head of cabbage (1 quart)
2 large carrots chopped
1 red bell pepper (I used green cause that is what I had on hand)
1 cup edamame (See note below)
1/2 cup cilantro
1 cup peanuts chopped

Notes-
I did not have edamame because I could not for the life of me find it at the grocery store the last time I was there.  Instead I baked some chicken and served it over the slaw.  The calorie count of the slaw is without the edamame or the chicken.  If you want to lower the calories of the slaw mix you could easily cut back the amount of peanuts you put in it. 

Calories-
1 TBSP of dressing 79 calories
1 Cup of Slaw 122 calories

My kids don't really like salad so I just served them the chicken with some carrot sticks.  This way I could make the recipe work for the whole family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment