Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Power Bites

You have to try these...serious goodness.

1/3 cup protein powder (I used my body by vi powder)
2 TBSP all natural peanut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
2 TBSP Honey
1/3 cup Oats
1/4 cup crushed raw unsalted peanuts
Water (just enough to get it wet so you can mix it up)
2 tsp milled flaxseed

Really you could go crazy and add other mix-ins...coconut, raisins, nuts.

As is this recipe made 8 little balls at 84 calories each. Two of these would make the perfect little after workout snack. 

They are sweet and salty and absolutely delicious.  Even my picky husband who thinks healthy food is gross loved them.  If he likes one of my creations I know it's a good one:)

I am obsessed with trying new power bar/bite recipes so you will probably be seeing more of them.  This is my way of getting my fill of baking without actually making treats that are going to kill my diet.

1 comment:

  1. These sound delicious! What do you think about omitting the flax seed? I've read some about it, but haven't been 100% convinced that it's important... What's your opinion?

    ReplyDelete