Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Workout and a Smoothie

So I have a great post in the making about goal setting.  But instead of staying up late tonight to finish it I am going to wait until Mondy to post it and go to bed. It has been a long day and I think I picked up the stomach bug my kids just got over. Lucky me!:)  Or maybe I am just sleep deprived from naughty children who don't like to sleep. Whatever the reason I am admitting defeat and going to bed.

So to hold you over I have a great Cardio Ab YouTube video you can do this weekend and a yummy smoothie recipe for you to try.  I made it just the other day and it was delicious.


Gold Smoothie
(about 300 calories)

1/2-1 cup carrots (microwave just enough to soften them)
1 clementine orange (the little cutie kind is what I used)
1/2 cup canned pineapple (It is yummy if you freeze it before hand but you don't have to)
1/2 almond milk
1/2 cup water
2 scoops protein powder(the kind I use has 90 calories in 2 scoops)*
1 tsp honey

Throw it all in the blender and enjoy!

*If you don't have protein powder you could throw in some greek yogurt or cottage cheese or a banana.  You may need some extra honey if you use the greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Or you could sweeten with Stevia. 

Or turn this into a green smoothie by throwing in a handful of spinach.

Hope you have a happy and healthy weekend!...It's my birthday so I just may have a little dessert to celebrate:)





3 comments:

  1. Boo for being sick and tired:( Get some rest, or at least stay home an let your kids destroy your house all day LOL. I'm giving "killer" workout a try tonight. At some point, I would love your thoughts on Crossfit. It's not like I could ever afford it but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I did get better sleep last night so I am feeling better. I love Crossfit. I too can't afford to do it nor does it work for me because they don't have childcare but I got to the free class they offer at ours on Saturday and love it. I like that the workouts are quick yet super effective. You can find a lot of crossfit ideas online if you ever want to try out a workout at home. I can post some ideas too.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This smoothie sounds yummy! I wish I would have seen this recipe before I went to the store today, dang it!

    ReplyDelete